Important Legal Notice
You are legally bound by these terms and conditions when granted access to the lantern site. Please read them carefully. If you do not accept these terms, you must not use the site.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“Terms”) Last Updated – 1 March 2018
1. Consumer Transactions
Nothing herein contained is intended to affect, nor will it affect, a Consumer’s statutory rights under The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, The Sale of Goods Act 1979, The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or The Consumer Protection Act 1987 or any amendments thereof or statutory additions thereto.
- In these Terms the following expressions, shall have the following meanings (unless otherwise stated):
- “Lantern” or “we” means Lantern Debt Recovery Services Limited which trades under the name Lantern (registered in England and Wales with company number 06637307 whose registered office is at Protection House, 83 Bradford Road, Stanningley, Pudsey, West Yorkshire, LS28 6AT) and “our” shall be construed accordingly.
- “Information” means all or any part of the information and other content that is delivered through the Site;
- “Services” means the online services provided by Lantern from the Site from time to time, including without limitation the following: Account Management, Personal Information Updates, Payment Plans, News and such additional services as Lantern may offer from the Site from time to time;
- “Site” means the Lantern website located on the Internet at the URL https://lanternuk.com.
- “User Guides” means any explanatory guides to the Services which are available on the Site; and
- “you” or “User” means an individual, company, partnership or any other entity or organisation (whether or not having a separate legal personality) authorised by Lantern to use the Services in accordance with these Terms and “your” shall be construed accordingly..
In these Terms, the following general definitions shall apply:
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa and any references to any gender include all other genders;
- including means “including, without limitation;
- the headings and punctuation are for convenience only and shall not affect interpretation.
- These Terms set out the basis on which Users may access and use the Site and/or Services.
- By accessing the Site and using the Services, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms.
- Lantern may change these Terms and the functions or facilities of the Site and/or the Services from time to time. By continuing to use the Site you will be deemed to have accepted such changes. It is the responsibility of the User to check the Site from time to time to review the current applicable Terms.
3. Use and restrictions
- Lantern grants you a worldwide, non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to access the Site and Services electronically and use the Information subject to these Terms. You may not grant a sub-licence of these rights to any other person or entity without Lantern’s prior written consent.
- You may only access the Site and Services and use the Information for your own personal use.
- The Information may not be reproduced other than when downloaded and viewed on a single computer terminal or printed out in hard copy form by you for your personal use only, provided always that any graphics and/or proprietary notices contained within the Information are not modified in any way. The Information is not to be made available on a network or otherwise reproduced, stored or transmitted to any other site or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system without Lantern’s prior written permission. All other rights are reserved.
- You may not:
- except as permitted under these Terms, alter, modify, copy, reverse engineer, perform, distribute, transmit, display, publish, licence, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any content, software, information, or products made available on the Site or by way of the Services;
- use or permit third parties to use any device, software or routine in a way which interferes, or attempts to interfere, with the proper working of the Site and/or the Services;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site and/or the Services; or
- post or transmit to or from this Site and/or the Services any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or;
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- Lantern may terminate your access (temporarily or permanently) to all or any part of the Site and/or the Services immediately without notice if you are in breach of any of these Terms.
4. Services and access
- The Services are provided from the Site which is a secure web portal operated by Lantern. Lantern may at any time modify and/or withdraw the Services.
- Whilst Lantern will use all reasonable skill and care in providing the Services and the Information and making them available for access from the Site, you acknowledge that access to them may not be uninterrupted and that the Information may not be error free and reception could be subject to delays as a result of routine or emergency maintenance, failures attributable to your computer equipment or network and circumstances beyond Lantern’s reasonable control, including without limitation failure of telecommunications links, power and utilities failure and the fact that the Services are being provided by means of the public Internet.
5. User names and passwords
- You may only access the Services if you have registered and been allocated a username and password. You acknowledge and accept that instructions and actions transmitted via the Site will be deemed to have originated from you if the correct username or password have been used.
- You may not share your username and password with any other person. Lantern reserves the right to reset passwords and/or issue new usernames at any time upon notice to you.
- You may not disclose any password to any person but shall keep it secret at all times.
- You will notify Lantern if you know or suspect that any other person has become aware of your username and/or password.
- Responsibility for the security of usernames and passwords issued rests with you.
6. Making payments
- The Site and Services include links that allow you to leave our Site and visit third party websites in order to make a payment. We have no control over those websites, so we are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any payments you make through those websites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party….